Zoom is a communications platform that allows users to connect with video, audio, phone, and chat. Using Zoom requires an internet connection and a supported device. There are some zoom settings which really help to make sure meeting goes smooth without any unnecessary background noise.
By default when you join a Zoom meeting, audio setting is set to Unmute. Therefore, you could create background noise in the meeting without realising.
It happended with me once and I was unaware of my audio being on Unmute by default. Meeting Organizer has the capability to mute anyone in the meeting, therefore he muted my audio as it was causing disturbance to others in the meeting.
Therefore, its advisable that join your zoom meeting automatically muted. You can Unmute it when you want to speak and then mute it back again. This will make sure that other people in the zoom meeting are not disturbed.
Please follow below steps to Mute Microphone when joining a Zoom Meeting:
- Open Zoom App Installed on your computer.
- Login on Zoom application.
- Click on Settings Icon on the top right hand side corner.
- Click on Audio on the left hand side and then scroll down on the page to find a checkbox “Mute my microphone when joining a meeting“. The setting will be automatically saved. You can click on cross (X) sign on the top right hand side of the window to exit the Settings page.
- That’s it, you have successfully enabled a setting to Mute the audio of Zoom App when joining any meeting.
How to join zoom meetings muted by default on Mobile phone
To mute your audio / microphone when joining a zoom meeting from a mobile phone. Please follow below steps:
- Launch Zoom App on your Phone.
- Login on Zoom App.
- Click on three dots (More) on the bottom right hand side corner.
- Tap on Meetings to reveal Zoom Meeting related settings.
- Toggle the switch to ON for Mute My Microphone.
In this blog post, we have seen how to turn off audio or microphone by default when joining any zoom meeting. This is really useful feature when you are not an organizer who needs to speak in the meeting straight away after joining the meeting or you will need to remain on mute. You can also turn off the Video by default as well by going to Zoom App -> Settings -> Video -> Scroll down on the page to find a checkbox which says “Turn off video when joining meeting“.
- How To Deploy Zoom Desktop Client With AutoUpdate Enabled Using Microsoft Intune.
- Ingest Zoom ADMX And Manage Zoom Settings Using Microsoft Intune.
- Uninstall Zoom Using Powershell Script And Intune Win32 App.