To ensure that the Zoom meeting window remains at the forefront of all other windows, you should activate the ‘Keep on Top‘ setting within the Zoom meeting application. This setting is commonly known as ‘Always on Top‘ and can be enabled on both Windows and Mac devices while in a Zoom meeting.
The ‘Always on Top’ or ‘Keep on Top’ setting has proven to be incredibly helpful, and I’ve utilized it frequently. This feature allows me to multitask efficiently during Zoom meetings, as the Zoom meeting app window consistently remains on top of all other windows.
Table of Contents
Enable Always on Top in Zoom on a Windows device
The following steps apply to any Windows device, such as Windows 10 or Windows 11. I am currently using a Windows 11 device with the Zoom application.
- Click on the top-left corner of the Zoom meeting window where the Zoom icon is located.
- A list of options will appear.
- Select ‘Keep on Top‘ from the list to enable this setting.
- Once ‘Keep on Top’ is selected, the Zoom app window will always remain at the forefront for the duration of the meeting.
Enable Always on Top in Zoom on a Mac device
As we have seen in the previous section, we learned how to enable the ‘Keep on Top’ / ‘Always on Top’ setting on a Windows device. You can also enable this setting when joining a Zoom meeting from a Mac device. Let’s review the steps for the same:
- After joining a Zoom meeting, locate the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Click on “Meetings” in the toolbar.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Keep on Top” to enable “Always on Top” on a Mac
How to Enable “Always Show Meeting Controls” in the Zoom Meeting App
Meeting controls are available when you join a Zoom meeting. These controls enable you to mute/unmute, start video, manage security settings, check the list of participants who have joined the meeting, share your screen with the group of participants, and more. You can also end the meeting by clicking on the ‘End‘ button.
You can toggle Zoom meeting controls by pressing the Alt button on the keyboard and switching them on or off. However, if you always want to ensure that meeting controls are displayed when you join a meeting, you can enable a setting called ‘Always show meeting controls‘ in the Zoom App settings. (Please note that the Alt button will still work to show or hide meeting controls.)
To enable ‘Always show meeting controls,’ please follow the steps below:
- Launch the Zoom Meeting App.
- Log in to the Zoom App.
- Click on the Settings⚙️ icon -> General and check/select “Always show meeting controls“.
- “Always show meeting controls” checkbox.
How to Enable “Always Show Meeting Controls” in Zoom Meetings App on a Mobile phone
When using the Zoom Meetings app on your mobile phone, you still have the option to enable ‘Always show meeting controls‘. This setting can be enabled on both iPhone and Android devices.
- Launch the Zoom app on your phone.
- Sign in to the Zoom app.
- Go to ‘More‘ and select the specific option or settings you need.
- Click on ‘Meetings‘ in the navigation menu to access all meeting options.
- Under General options, toggle “Always show meeting controls” to ON.
In this blog post, we’ve explored how to keep your Zoom Meetings app window always on top of other windows. When multitasking during a Zoom meeting, the window or app you’re actively using may come to the forefront, potentially covering the Zoom meeting app.
To prevent this, it’s advisable to enable the ‘Keep on Top‘ setting. In addition to the ‘Always on Top‘ feature, you can also activate ‘Always show meeting controls’ to facilitate easier management of Zoom meetings.