What is #OpentoWork in LinkedIn
When you are looking for a job and want to update your LinkedIn profile to let the Recruiters know that you are available for new opportunities. You can Enable Open to Work status on your LinkedIn Profile.
You can configure Open to Work status for All LinkedIn Members or Just for LinkedIn Recruiters. In either case, when you find the right opportunity then you may no longer wish to keep Open to Work status Active, you can remove Open to work status along with #opentowork photo frame.
In this blog post, we will see different options on how to remove open to work and also #opentowork photo frame from your LinkedIn profile picture. Then we will see how to enable Open to Work in your LinkedIn Profile if you want it back.
How to remove Open to Work from your LinkedIn Profile
You can also easily remove it and stop showing Open to Work status to LinkedIn members and / or recruiters. If you have got a job and you no longer wish to keep Open to Work status Active then you can use below steps to remove Open to Work and also #OPENTOWORK photo frame.
- Click on Pencil Icon next to Open to work.
- On Edit Job preferences page, Click on Delete from Profile and then Select Delete and then Click on Save button. This will remove Open to Work status from your profile along with #OPENTOWORK photo frame from your LinkedIn profile picture.
- As you can see from below screenshot, Open to Work status and #OPENTOWORK photo frame is now removed.
How to just remove #OpentoWork photo frame and Keep Open to Work status Active
If you have updated your LinkedIn profile status to #OPENTOWORK and selected “Choose who sees you’re open” to All LinkedIn members, #OPENTOWORK on your profile picture will be added automatically.
There are few options to remove #OPENTOWORK photo frame from LinkedIn profile picture. Let’s see it one by one.
1. Keep Open to Work status Active and Just remove #OPENTOWORK Photo Frame
To remove #OPENTOWORK photo frame from your LinkedIn profile picture. Please follow below steps:
- Click on your LinkedIn Profile Picture.
- Click on Frames option to show available LinkedIn profile picture frames.
- You will be shown few frames, Select Original from the available options and click on Apply button.
- On the next screen, you will get two options on Remove existing frame pop-up. Please select one of the below options:
- Remove ‘Open to Work’ from profile: This will just remove #OPENTOWORK photo frame from the LinkedIn profile picture without changing your Open to Work profile status. If you had selected to show Open to Work status to “All LinkedIn members” it will remain as it is.
- Share ‘Open to Work’ with recruiters only: Selecting this option will also remove #OPENTOWORK photo frame from your LinkedIn Profile picture along with updating your Open to Work status from “All LinkedIn members” to “Recruiters Only“.
2. Update LinkedIn Open to Work status to Recruiters only
You can simply update the option “Choose who sees you’re open” to “Recruiters Only”. It will also remove #OPENTOWORK photo frame from your LinkedIn profile picture. Let’s see the steps for this:
- From your Profile Page, you need to click on Pencil Icon next to Open to Work to Edit Job Preferences.
- On Edit Job Preferences page, On the bottom of the page, you will find an Arrow to select “Choose who sees you’re open”. Select Recruiters only option and click on Save to save the Job Preferences. This will remove #OPENTOWORK photo frame from your LinkedIn profile picture but Open to Work status will continue to be active and shown to LinkedIn recruiters only.
How to add Open to Work on LinkedIn
Adding Open to Work on your LinkedIn profile and also adding #OPENTOWORK photo frame let recruiters and All LinkedIn members see that you are looking for a job. Open to work also provides information about which type of roles you are looking for.
For example, Enterprise Architect roles, IT Administrator roles, Project Manager roles etc. so that you get relevant opportunities. Let’s see the steps on how to enable open to work on your LinkedIn profile:
- Click on Down Arrow Under your Profile Picture and Select View Profile.
- Click on Open to and then Select “Finding a new job“.
- On Add Job preferences page. Please make sure to add:
- Job title: You have to add at least 1 Job title. Type the job role which are are looking for. For Example: Dental Assistant or Enterprise Architect or Project Intern. You can add multiple roles in Job title which is helpful in cases where you have multiple specialities / skills.
- Start date: Its not mandatory to provide a start date but if you want to let recuiters know that you are Immediately available then its best to choose the option “Immediately, I’m actively applying”.
- Workplaces: You can click on the given options to let recruiters know that you are available for On-site work or Hybrid work or you are just looking for Remote work opportunities.
- Choose who sees you’re open: Select the arrow to show the options. There are two options available:
- All LinkedIn members: This will add #OPENTOWORK photo frame on your profile picture and will show this status to All LinkedIn members including recruiters.
- Recruiters only: This will not add #OPENTOWORK photo frame on your profile picture and will show this status to only the people using LinkedIn recruiters. Open to Work status is hidden from LinkedIn recruiters who are working in your current company.
Depending upon your Job Preferences selection, the profile will be updated accordingly. Once you complete the form to Add Job preferences, Click on Add to Profile.
- Refresh your Profile Page and Now you should see “Open to work” on your LinkedIn profile. Please check that you also see the Role which you had selected from Job Prefrences is also showing under Open to work status.
- Click on See all details under Open to Work status to see saved Job Preferences.
In this blog post, we have seen how to use Open to Work status from your LinkedIn Profile page. Open to Work is a really useful feature of LinkedIn. Using Open to Work you can let recruiters and linkedIn members know that you are looking for Job / Open to new opportunites.
However, Sometimes you want to be discreet and only show the Open to Work status to the users who are categorized as LinkedIn recruiters. In that case select “Recruiters Only” when you are enabling open to work on your LinkedIn Profile.
Selecting “Recruiters Only” will not add #OPENTOWORK photo frame on your profile picture and keep this information discreet / hidden from your friends and collegaues.